Skywalk Biokovo, Makarska
Experience the Skywalk Biokovo - a new attraction in Makarska, Dalmatia. Skywalk glass bridge is on 1.228 meters above the sea level, on the mighty Biokovo Mountain in the southwestern part of the Biokovo Nature Park, Ravna Vlaška.
Skywalk viewing platform is extended up to 12 metres out into the air from the cliff of the mountain Biokovo - Ravna vlaška and it offers an incredible views of the Adriatic coast of Makarska Riviera and the islands of Brač and Hvar. Mountain Biokovo, which extends protectively for kilometers above beautiful Makarska.
The Biokovo nature park is an area of high natural, scientific, cultural, educational, tourist and recreational value and is intended for visiting and sightseeing. Today it is a natural park, a picnic area with many marked hiking trails, endemic plant species and rich wildlife. There is a unique contrast between the nearly two thousand meters high snowy mountain and the gentle coastline.
It will surely test the nerve of anyone who gets wobbly knees when high up, not least because much of the structure is built from super-thick glass.
It is enough to drive half an hour on a well-maintained road through a natural park until you reach heights from which the view of the city and the surrounding islands is unrepeatable. Join our day tour Biokovo skywalk from Makarska and collect unforgettable memories from your holiday.
What should you visit?
- Skywalk (1,228m) is a horseshoe-shaped platform that emerges from the cliff by a glass walkway. It offers an unforgettable view of Makarska and the islands. It is one of the most photogenic places in Croatia.
- Strbina (1,338 m) One of the many lookouts, just below Vošac.
- Vošac, 1 422m For many, the most beautiful lookout, although not the highest peak, but it has by far the most beautiful view. It can be accessed by a moderate footpath in about 20 minutes from the parking lot in front of the mountain hut below Vošac. At the top is the mountain lodge "Vošac" where you can relax, enjoy the view and drink a cup of real homemade coffee or tea.
- Sv. Jure, 1,762m is the highest peak on Biokovo. Jure there is a television tower and a building of telecommunications devices and the church of St. Jure which was built in 1968.
From the top of Sveti Juraj there is a panoramic view of the islands and the hinterland and in extremely good weather it is possible to see the mountains of Bosnia and Herzegovina and neighboring Italy (Monte Gargano).
- The instructive geological trail begins between the plateau and Lemeša's dolac and Jakičuša. The trail is easy and with mountain markings, and the walking tour takes about half an hour. The call sign located on the road, together with two other educational boards placed along the trail, explain the origin of the limestone and the geomorphological phenomena of Biokovo.
- Kotišina Botanical Garden
is located on a slope above the village of Kotišina, at an altitude of 350-500m and is an integral part of the Biokovo Nature Park. Several hiking trails pass through the garden, and during the summer months, visitors to the Marin Kovačević Memorial Home in Kotišina can get promotional material and information about the garden.
Source: TZ Makarska
Itinerary of the tour:
- 09:00 – Pick up and departure from Makarska
- 10:00 – Free time at the Skywalk
- 11:30 – Free time at the Vosac peak
- 14:00 – Return to Makarska
NP Biokovo highlights
- Skywalk - the most famous touristic place on Makarska riviera. “Try walking in the sky”
- Wild Nature - Biokovo is full of plants and wild animals, so you can come across a horse, mountain goat, snake or endemic species at any time.
- Bioiokovo Mountain - is a nature park which is the second largest peak in Croatia with its 1762m
- Gastronomy - On our return we can stop at the Biokovo tavern where you can enjoy the specialties of the Dalmatian region
- *Other languages on request
Price of the private tour
- 1-3 125,00€ + entrance ticket
- 4-8 140,00€ + entrance ticket
- 9-15 230,00 € + entrance ticket
- *The price refers to the group
- *Tickets are excluded from the cost of the trip because the amount varies on the number of persons. (The price is 60,00kn aprox. 8€/per person)
Source: TZ Makarska
- Private professional driver
- Fuel costs
Price not include:
- Lunch at free time
- Entrance ticket
We suggest you take it with you:
- Comfortable sneakers
- Cash - a lot of coffee shops and restaurantas in Croatia do not accept card payment
We can also organize local guides for you. We can also book a restaurant for lunch and much more for you.
Send us an optional inquiry here!
Your Croatia tours team!